LHC Cost

Taking a closer look at LHC

(Taken from LHC The Guide 2009)

The cost for the machine alone is about 3000 million Euro.

The total project cost breaks down roughly as follows:

The experimental collaborations are individual entities, funded independently from CERN. CERN is a member of each experiment, and contributes to the material budget of CMS and LHCb at the 20% level, 16% for ALICE and 14% for ATLAS. TOTEM is a much smaller experiment, with a total material cost of about 6.5 million CHF, of which CERN provides 30% of the budget.

AUTHORS


Xabier Cid Vidal, PhD in experimental Particle Physics for Santiago University (USC). Research Fellow in experimental Particle Physics at CERN from January 2013 to Decembre 2015. Currently, he is in USC Particle Physics Department (Spanish Postdoctoral Junior Grants Programme).

Ramon Cid Manzano, secondary school Physics Teacher at IES de SAR (Santiago - Spain), and part-time Lecturer (Profesor Asociado) in Faculty of Education at the University of Santiago (Spain). He has a Degree in Physics and in Chemistry, and is PhD for Santiago University (USC).

CERN


CERN WEBSITE

CERN Directory

CERN Experimental Program

Theoretical physics (TH)

CERN Physics Department

CERN Scientific Committees

CERN Structure

CERN and the Environment

LHC


LHC

Detector CMS

Detector ATLAS

Detector ALICE

Detector LHCb

Detector TOTEM

Detector LHCf

Detector MoEDAL

 

 


© Xabier Cid Vidal & Ramon Cid - rcid@lhc-closer.es  | SANTIAGO (SPAIN) | Template based on the design of the CERN website

···